A Quick Guide To Creating The Perfect House Cleaning Schedule
Cleaning a messy house can be a daunting task. Not having a proper cleaning schedule or plan in place can make things worse. That’s why it’s essential to create a cleaning schedule in the first place.
With a cleaning schedule, you will be able to keep every part of your house clean and organised. It will be a lot easier for you to locate necessary items. Also, it will help you create a healthier home environment.
In this article, we will explore some useful tips that will help you schedule your house cleaning. We will focus on creating daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning schedules. So, let’s get started.
Make A Daily House Cleaning Schedule
A clean and tidy house is the perfect place to relax and unwind. But the mess that it accumulates on an everyday basis can make it feel filthy and unhealthy. That’s why keeping it clean is very important.
Listed below are the tasks that you should consider performing daily. It will help you keep your home clean and tidy.
• Consider making your bed every morning. Making the bed in the morning is more important than most people realise. This small task can encourage you to do another job and then another. When you keep your bed clean and organised, it reflects in your state of mind.
• Clean your kitchen countertops right away after preparing meals. This will help you avoid stains.
• Keep your dirty household laundry in a clothes hamper or basket.
• Clean the dishes before you head to bed.
• Consider wiping down your kitchen and bathroom sinks every day. You need to know that even if the sinks look clean, they can get contaminated by bacteria from food. That’s why it’s essential to clean the sinks regularly.
• Do laundry when you have a lot of dirty clothes.
• Spend time decluttering your home.
Weekly House Cleaning Schedule
This is an easy-to-remember weekly house cleaning schedule that will help you keep your house clean and organised:
# Sunday’s Cleaning Schedule
Vacuum or mop carpets, rugs, and other high-traffic areas of your house. The places you should focus on include stairs, mudroom, bedrooms, under the kitchen table, etc.
# Monday’s Cleaning Schedule
Monday’s cleaning chores include washing bedsheets, scrubbing toilets, disinfecting bathroom sinks, changing out the towels, etc.
# Tuesday’s Cleaning Schedule
Things to clean today include interior windows, counters, ceiling fans, mirrors, TV, doorknobs, toaster, etc.
# Wednesday’s Cleaning Schedule
Tasks to accomplish today include cleaning stove, cleaning refrigerator shelves, etc.
# Thursday’s Cleaning Schedule
Consider wiping away smudges and dirt from walls.
# Friday’s Cleaning Schedule
Clean all the furniture in your house.
# Saturday’s Cleaning Schedule
Clean the exterior part of your windows.
Seasonal House Cleaning Schedule
Here’s the perfect seasonal house cleaning schedule you can follow:
Tasks you should accomplish this season:
• Clean your garage and basement
• Clean your dressers and drawers and remove the unwanted items
• Clean the interior walls of your house
• Retouch paint where necessary
Things you should clean this season:
• Freezers, refrigerators, stoves, and ovens.
Here are the tasks you should try accomplishing this season:
• Wipe down all your cabinets.
• Remove all unused medications.
• Steam clean all your carpets and rugs.
• Clean behind the furniture, refrigerator, washer, etc.
Tasks to complete this season:
• Re-organise your closets for the upcoming seasons.
• Wash blankets, duvets, and comforters.
• Clean window exteriors.
I hope these tips will make it easier for you to keep your house neat and clean. However, make sure you create a plan the matches your lifestyle.