How Does Pro Mould Removal Work in Protecting You and Your Property?
Mould removal in your property is a demanding job that takes a lot of time and elbow grease. And unfortunately, there is no ‘miracle’ mould killer (even though you may find some of them in the supermarket!!). It would help if you didn’t overlook mould growing in your property. It not only looks gross but also gives off toxic spores and vapours.
All these can be dangerous to your health that can cause allergic reactions, asthma and various flu-like symptoms. But luckily, professional mould removal can help you beat all these problems. And in the following passages, we are going to have a brief discussion over that.
Why opt for Professional Mould Removal?
If you are not familiar with mould yet, you may wonder why to hire professional mould removal rather than just cleaning it all yourself. Mould is much more than just an unpleasant black patch on your walls and ceilings.
Also, it is incredibly harmful, and it comes with serious risks as well, for example – worsened allergies, increased risk for asthma development, headaches, coughing/wheezing/chest tightness, skin irritation, fatigue, lung disease, or even cancer in certain extreme cases. The other losses are damaged wood, carpeting, tiles, different materials, collapsing walls, etc.
Begin with a Professional Mould Inspection
If you detect a mildew smell or find spots on the wall in your basement or the attic, immediately schedule a mould inspection. This can help you figure out:
- The type of mould infestation
- The level of mould damage
- Conditions that could cause mould to spread
- The required steps for mould removal
- How long the mould removal process will take
Mould inspection is not only about looking around your property but also helps experts take air samples to measure moisture levels both inside and outside the property. Thus, they point out the obvious signs of leakage, water damage, cracks in brickwork, or broken pipe.
It takes the labs about 3-4 days to test the samples and then offers a complete report of findings. Once experts know the levels of toxic moulds, they begin their mould removal process as soon as possible.
Mould Removal Process
Mould removal isn’t as simple as you think. The highly trained and certified mould inspector determines exactly where, why and how the mould growth started. Then, they imply suitable and most effective mould remediation to make sure your property is protected.
The mould remediation process step-by-step:
- I am setting up and inhibiting the infested and damaged area(s).
- Vacuuming all the exposed or mould infested surfaces
- Thorough mould removal and antimicrobial wipe down of all the hard surfaces and furniture with a mould cleaner
- Infested porous material removal if required (demolition)
- Air Scrubber operation or Negative Air Machine (NAM)
- Properly gathering and disposing of contaminated items
- Antimicrobial treatment and biocide application
- Vacuuming once again to ensure complete removal
- Encapsulation sealant procedure in the last step.
Even though mould can generally be found at places with excessive moisture or humidity, it could be anywhere in your home. Experts offer various mould removal solutions as per the unique situation since mould can be so widespread and hard to detect. For an effective solution, consult an expert today.